Saturday, May 30, 2020

The Mission to Mars

The Mission to Mars

            Today, I am taking a group of specialists to go to Mars. I am very excited that I can’t even think straight. I was my first important mission as an astronaut! No one can stay calm in such an excited condition.

            Even though it sounds very easy, it’s actually not. We need a crew of specialists to solve occasional problems. First, we should take doctors. If some person gets a serious disease that may be infected, we need a doctor. There must be at least two of them, because what if one doctor needs a doctor when she or he gets sick? Next, we need a cook. We will live on Mars, and you must want your food to taste good. Also, we need a person that takes care of pets and plants. We don’t want Mars not to be having no pets and plants. Besides, we need to have a person to deal with special conditions. That person must be able to come up with many ideas in order to let us survive to an occasional and unexpected problem. Finally, we need a captain and astronauts. A captain can fly the spaceship and astronauts know how to be in space.

            It’s finally the time to take off! All the specialists and astronauts went on the spaceship. The ship finally took off! After a blast and a sound “boom”, the whole spaceship is flying in the pitch-black space, with Earth in sight.

            Everything is going well, and six months has passed. Everyone has their own thing to do, so no one gets bored. I went into the cabin and see Tim, a great astronaut, coughing, looking sick. I immediately called the doctor and told her to look at Tim. After a cautious check, the doctor concluded that Tim got a serious disease that may be infecting. Soon after that, people around him start looking sick, too. As the captain of the astronaut, I need to act quick and do the best for the people in the spaceship. This is serious, and everyone may get the disease! I quickly went to discuss with the person that can come up with solutions. He said that we should let the people that are infected be isolated.

            So, we used the cabin as the isolation area. Only the doctor can go into the cabin. Luckily, we have more than enough masks. The doctor and the patients can wear masks. Unluckily, one of the doctors got infected, too. Now, there is a strict problem: there aren’t enough doctors! At that moment, I started to regret of bringing so few doctors. However, it is not the time to regret, I need to act quickly!

            I thought of an idea: First, we should contact Earth and let them come up with some idea. Then, we should come up with better idea that overlaps on Earth’s idea. Then, we should prepare for the idea. Finally, we need to carry out the idea.

            After I told the crew my idea, the crew agreed with their head moving up and down. We contacted Earth and found this solution: we should go back to earth and fail this mission. The spaceship was as loud as a hive of bees when they heard this idea. Some said: “I’m not doing this! We’ve already come so far! Why should we turn back and give up?” Some said: “I agree with Earth’s idea! If we keep wandering around in this disease-filled spaceship, we will all be dead some day!” Others said: “Hey guys, please be quiet! Fighting and shouting won’t solve any problems! We should sit down and discuss together!”

            I personally agree with the discussion idea. I used the max microphone to stop this buzzing beehive. “Please be calm! We won’t survive anything if we don’t calm down and discuss. We are a group, guys. We need to work together and find the best solution, the best solution for our survival! Please come down and work as a team, please!” I said, almost in despair.

            After hours of discussing and analyzing, we found the best way: we need to train a part of the astronauts how to do doctors’ job and treat patients. After we stop this disease, we can go to mars and live there. So, we reported to Earth that we are not listening to them anymore, because we have our own best solution.

            We started carrying the plan out. The only remaining doctor is teaching the astronauts how to be a doctor. After about one month’s training, we only have two months left, but we can control this disease by now.

            After hard work and more tough training, we finally solved the problem! We went to mars successfully and lived there easily! We succeeded!












(I thought of this story because of the covid19 🙃)

7 comments:

  1. , and what does isolated mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea, but So, we reported to Earth that we are not listening to them anymore, because we have our own best solution. Is supposed to be So, we reported to Earth that we are not listening to them anymore, because we have our own solution. OR . So, we reported to Earth that we are not listening to them anymore, because we have our best solution. THANKS

    ReplyDelete

French Fries Time!

     Hi guys! Long time no see! I was so busy so I didn't publish blogs. Today, I finally have time! Yesterday, I made french fries. The...